Check What You’ve Learned
These quizzes are provided for you to help you check what you have learned from the text. Each quiz includes short answer and essay questions.
- Learning cultural stereotypes is helpful to understand your client better. However, taking _____ _____ into account supersedes the stereotypes you learn.
- List the five areas described in the chapter where cultural sensitivity must be taken into consideration.
- Which two ethnic cultures have specific identity development models listed in this chapter?
- When working with clients who are immigrants, you must not only consider the cultural norms from which the client comes, but you must also consider their level of _____.
- List at least three areas of norms with which you will want to become familiar when meeting a new, culturally different client.
- One function you will have as a therapist is to teach your client how to _____ _____ _____ _____.
- Ethical and legal guidelines state that you must be _____ about cultural differences and _____ diversity.
- List some things you must consider before scheduling a client for therapy.
- Communications between you and your client are confidential except under what six conditions?
- Because clients are likely to have different values from your own, it will be important that you do your own work by undergoing what process?