Check What You’ve Learned
These quizzes are provided for you to help you check what you have learned from the text. Each quiz includes short answer and essay questions.
- Why is measuring your progress with a client difficult?
- What are some reasons you might not continue to evaluate the progress of your client?
For the following skills, determine whether (a) they are ways to self-monitor or evaluate your progress as a therapist or (b) they are skills to end therapy effectively.
3. Identifying unfinished business
4. Saying goodbye
6. Constructing a plan
7. Continuing education
8. Making the client responsible through journaling or recording progress
10. Negotiating closure
11. Transcribing your sessions
12. Following up