Check What You’ve Learned
These quizzes are provided for you to help you check what you have learned from the text. Each quiz includes short answer and essay questions.
- How many stages are there in group development, according to the authors? What are they? Describe each stage.
- The physical distance between people is called what?
- What two theories were applied to groups before they were used with individuals?
- List the ways in which cohesion can be built.
- How you communicate and behave will be copied by the members of the group. This technique is called what?
- What is it called when others who are listening identify strongly with the speaker?
- What skill helps you to know what’s going on with all members at any given time, especially the members not currently speaking?
- One way to get members of the group to do most of the work without having to assert your power as the leader is to do what?
- What are two times when blocking might be appropriate?
- How might you energize a group that seems bored or disinterested?
- True/false: When working with a co-leader, it is appropriate to disagree in front of the group.