Check What You’ve Learned
These quizzes are provided for you to help you check what you have learned from the text. Each quiz includes short answer and essay questions.
- What are two skills that can be used with teachers and therapists to facilitate deeper exploration and assign appropriate ownership of issues?
- The two basic interventions used regardless of theory are what?
- According to the authors, how many stages are there to therapy?
- What is the most important task of the therapist in the beginning stage of therapy?
- True/false: All theorists agree that insight is a necessary step in therapy.
- The authors believe that insight is an ____ and ____ part of the therapeutic process.
- The primary skill of the action stage is to increase client ____ and ____.
- Relapses in the therapeutic process toward reaching a goal are ____ and ____.
- Research indicates that the ____ of theory is less important than the ____ of theory for determining therapeutic outcomes.
- ____ is one of the best tools for understanding the therapeutic process.