Check What You’ve Learned
These quizzes are provided for you to help you check what you have learned from the text. Each quiz includes short answer and essay questions.
- How a client behaves in the session is probably how he or she behaves in the outside world. Which use of the therapeutic relationship does this statement apply to?
- Transference is an example of which use of the therapeutic relationship?
- Genuine affection and respect by the therapist for the client facilitates which use of the therapeutic relationship?
- Before being able to provide empathy to clients, you must first apply empathy to _____.
- List the ways to protect yourself from risks associated with empathy.
- List the four ways you exhibit good attending skills.
- The authors recommend what for clearing the mind and preparing for each client?
- Which is more important for therapeutic effectiveness: matching the client’s behavioral expressions or matching the client’s content?
- The skills you learn in this chapter account for more than half of the counseling skills you will use in your work to _____.
- How can you strengthen the skills presented in this chapter?