Check What You’ve Learned Answers
These quizzes are provided for you to help you check what you have learned from the text. Each quiz includes short answer and essay questions.
- Skills required in individual therapy are applied with families as well; however, what is one primary difference in working with families?
- When one person’s actions are likely to be both the cause and effect of another’s behavior, this is called _____.
- Define a family subsystem.
- One way to gain influence over the family is to _____ as a member of the family.
- What is an important policy to establish when working with couples with regard to confidentiality?
- In establishing rules of communication with families, you will need to cover what three important areas?
- Members of the family should do which of the following: (a) talk to you, or (b) talk to each other.
- When you are in the role of a consultant or problem solver, you will use what skill?
- _____ is the language of children and the recommended modality for providing therapy.
- What are the differences between consulting and therapy?