Researching Hospitality and Tourism
Welcome to the companion website for the second edition of Researching Hospitality and Tourism by Bob Brotherton. The companion website gives you access to a wealth of teaching and learning resources including:
- Chapter Features – These are essentially all the figures, tables and feature boxes extracted from the text and made available as PDFs via the website.
- Videos – This contains links to video material available on the internet that should help you to further develop your understanding of particular principles, concepts, approaches and techniques.
- Web Links – This contains links to material contained on other websites relevant to the content of the chapter concerned helping to extend the type and range of material available to you.
- Multiple Choice Quizzes – Each chapter has a series of 10 multiple choice or true/false questions that you can use to test your understanding of the material covered in a particular chapter.
- Further Reading References – these have been thoroughly revised, updated and extended where appropriate from the old edition
- Sage Journal Papers – a collection of Sage Journals picked to broaden and deepen your understanding of how to effectively research hospitality and tourism
About the Book
Building upon the success of the first edition, this book offers an essential guide to key concepts and essential research techniques in hospitality and tourism
With updates to every chapter and an array of practical examples, this new edition includes:
- New ‘Key Feature’ boxes to add additional explanation and examples to the points being covered in the main text focusing on both conceptual and more practical issues and tasks associated with the research process.
- An attractive new layout which aids discoverability and heightens the student learning experience.
- A step-by-step guide to take students through each decision and action stage of the research process, from identifying a topic and formulating the research question.
Written with clarity, this is the perfect book for lecturers seeking an authoritative introduction to researching Hospitality and Tourism, and students looking for a reliable and enriching introduction to the field.
Bob Brotherton is Visiting Professor in Hospitality Management at the NHTV University of Applied Sciences, Breda, The Netherlands.
This website may contain links to both internal and external websites. All links included were active at the time the website was launched. SAGE does not operate these external websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. SAGE cannot take responsibility for the changing content or nature of linked sites, as these sites are outside of our control and subject to change without our knowledge. If you do find an inactive link to an external website, please try to locate that website by using a search engine. SAGE will endeavour to update inactive or broken links when possible.