Video and Multimedia
Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
- Video: an example of one “click” language, Xhosa, complete with a clicking tongue twister. BBC
- Video: classic clinical examples of Broca’s aphasia (one, two), and of Wernicke’s aphasia (one, two). Also, an example of an aphasic with symptoms somewhat closer to Broca’s patient “Tan,” but the main production is “Tono.”
- Video: a short example of delayed auditory feedback, which can help ameliorate stuttering.
- Video: Khan Academy’s language and the brain, with some information on aphasias and split-brain patients.
- Video: examining brain activity during the religious state of speaking in tongues, or glossolalia, and in contrast to mediation. ABC News Nightline