Video and Multimedia
Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
- Video: several ways in which translating from hearing to reading is tricky, including phonemic awareness
- Video: Example of using ERPs to investigate reading
- Video: writing and its cognitive power
- Video: types of writing systems. The Virtual Linguistics Campus.
- Video: an example of a speed reading applet using rapid serial visual presentation (RSVP) with the Sprint Reader Chrome extension; another one from Spritz – click on Watch the video. Don’t be fooled, though – speed does not equal accuracy. Anyone else start to go cross-eyed?
- Audio: the importance of rhythm for speech and reading. Scientific American.