Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
- One site where you can create a concept map – you can try some of them for free.
- A short tutorial on the active vs. passive voice in sentence structures. Purdue University’s Online Writing Lab
- Some example garden-path sentences
- Yoda translator – enter a sentence with your typical word order, like “Students like pizza,” and see what the word order is for Yoda’s syntactic rules.
- Consider another artificial, invented language, Na’vi from Avatar (Paul Frommer). Does Na’vi rely on word order or case marking to express “who did what to whom”?
- Some additional information on increasing a child’s MLU as they develop.
- A short explanation of the logic behind Chomsky’s Poverty of the Stimulus argument for innate syntactic biases.
- Information on SLI, from the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders