- Simon, R. (2001). Psychiatry and the law. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Press.
- Sommers-Flanagan, R., & Sommers-Flanagan, J. (2006). Becoming an ethical helping professional: Cultural and philosophical foundations. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
- Wampold, B. E., & Imel, Z. E. (2015). The great psychotherapy debate: The research evidence for what works in psychotherapy (2nd ed.). New York: Routledge.
- Welfel, E. R. (2006). Ethics in counseling and psychotherapy. Belmont, CA: Thompson Brooks/Cole.
- DiMarco, M., & Zoline, S. S. (2004). Duty to warn in the context of HIV/AIDS-related psychotherapy: Decision making among psychologists. Counseling and Counseling Psychology Journal, 1(2), 68–85.
- Herlihy, B., & Sheeley, V. L. (1988). Counselor liability and the duty to warn: Selected cases, statutory trends, and implications for practice. Counselor Education and Supervision, 27(3), 203–215.
- Tarasoff v. Regents of the University of California, 118 Cal. Rptr. 129, 529 P.2d 533 (1974).
- Tarasoff v. Regents of the University of California, 17 Cal. 3d 425, 551 P.2d 334 (1976).