How to Use SpeechPlanner
Download SpeechPlanner FAQs
Click on a topic to expand.
You can access SpeechPlanner by using a Web browser.
Online Access Browsers: Google Chrome 32+, Firefox 27+, Internet Explorer 10+, Safari 6+
Speakers or headphones are required for audio and video playback.
How do instructors access SpeechPlanner?
Access SpeechPlanner at http://speechplanner.sagepub.com/ using your unique user name and password.
How do students access SpeechPlanner?
Students are required to register using the access code included inside the SpeechPlanner access card. Don’t lose your registration code! We recommend that students hold onto your access card throughout the duration of the course in case they encounter problems accessing the SpeechPlanner product.
How do I set up my instructor account?
Instructors receive registration information from their SAGE sales representative.
Find your Sales Representative.
How do I set up my student account?
Students will register by following these steps:
- Go to http://speechplanner.sagepub.com/ and click on the Register button.
- Enter an email address on the first page of the registration process, click the Next button.
- Enter your name and institution, select a username and password, and enter the registration code or access code provided on the SpeechPlanner access card.
- After you have registered, log in with the username and password created from any computer which meets the system requirements. See the Systems Supported section above for system requirements.
- Each registration code can be used by one person to access SpeechPlanner for 180 days after registration.
Are there materials to help students best use SpeechPlanner?
Yes, this FAQ will walk students through many of SpeechPlanner’s features, including how to create and delete a speech, find an existing speech and practice delivering a speech.
Is this compatible with my LMS?
No, SpeechPlanner is not compatible any LMS.
Who do I contact for tech support?
- Click the Help link on the top right corner of the site for more online support documents and additional resources offering guidance on using SpeechPlanner.
- For further assistance, please contact Technical Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long do I have access?
For students, each registration code allows one person access to SpeechPlanner for 180 days after registration.
What are the main features of the product?
SpeechPlanner is an interactive, web-based tool that guides students through the process of speech planning and preparation.
- Practical tips and examples at each step of the speech writing process,
- Video examples which illustrate stages of the speech-making process, from body language to speech delivery tips,
- Self-review questions to build understanding and mastery of the speech-making process,
- Email a speech outline to an instructor
- Practice speech timer.
For additional technical support, complete a Technical Support Form or contact us.