Instructors: Create a Course
Not finding what you need? Try searching the WebAssign support database
How do I access Web Assign?
WebAssign is available upon adoption of selected SAGE titles. To search for a text, use the“Textbook Search” on the WebAssign website at www.webassign.net.
How do I set up my account?
WebAssign instructor accounts are available, free of charge, to instructors at recognized educational institutions. Instructors can go to http://www.webassign.net/signup.html to set up their account.
How do students set up an account?
Student accounts are created in one of two ways, depending on how instructors handle enrollment.
1) If the instructor has chosen to use Self-Enrollment, he or she will provide the student with a Class Key. Stduents may then click on "I Have A Class Key" from the webassign.net home page.
2) If the instructor has chosen to upload a roster to WebAssign, they will provide students with a username and password.
Students will need the access code packaged with the book or purchased from WebAssign.
Is this compatible with my LMS?
How long do I have access?
Most access codes are valid for one semester. If a code is valid for a longer period of time, the duration is stated on the access code card.
Is there a Grace Period?
Yes. If students are required to purchase access to WebAssign, there is a 14-day grace period during which students can use WebAssign without completing payment.
When? The grace period begins on the class start state (set by the instructor in the WebAssign system).
What? During the grace period, students can complete coursework and access the FlashPaper eBook. All coursework completed during the grace period will remain in the system and is available to the instructor after the grace period.
Does WebAssign feed a gradebook?
Yes. WebAssign grades online assignments and gives students instant feedback on their performance.
With the WebAssign GradeBook, instructors can:
- Calculate final scores based on category averages or points
- Adjust the weights of individual assignments, drop assignments from the GradeBook, or count assignments as extra credit
- Automatically drop each student's lowest assignments for any assignment category
- Show or hide grade calculations and overall class statistics to your students
- Enter or upload individual assignment scores, category scores, or final scores that instructors want to calculate yourself
- Recalculate the GradeBook on demand or set a schedule for automatic recalculation
All GradeBook settings are configurable at any time during a course. Instructors choose what categories and assignments to include, how scores are calculated, and what information they want to show students.
What are the main features of WebAssign?
WebAssign contains book-specific homework for your students to complete and submit. Homework is automatically graded, saving the instructor time.
Students will also have access to a Flashpaper eBook of the associated textbook in the WebAssign platform.
Is WebAssign Accessible?
WebAssign has worked to provide accessible representations of both notation and figures to screen readers.
Accessible content in WebAssign is tested using the following screen reader versions:
- JAWS®, version 15.0
- Window-Eyes™, version 8.2
- ZoomText®, version 10
Where do I go for additional support?
Chrome™ (19 or later)
Internet Explorer® (8 or later)
Firefox® (12 or later)
Safari® (5.1 or later)
iPad® (iOS 8 or later)
Other Software Needs
Some WebAssign content and tools require the following browser plug-ins:
● Adobe Acrobat Reader® 8 or later
● Adobe Flash® Player 10 or later
● Adobe Shockwave® Player 11 or later
● Java™ 6 (build 1.6.0) through 1.7.35