Multiple Choice Quiz
1. Which of the following intergovernmental organisations are part of the United Nations system?
- The World Trade Organization (WTO)
- International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
c. International Monetary Fund (IMF)
2. Which of these is the world’s oldest IGO?
- Rhine Commission
- International Postal Union
- The League of Nations
a. Rhine Commission
3. Which of these terms characterises the power of an IGO when member-governments acting in isolation cannot veto its decisions?
- A regime
4. Which of these factors would exclude an international organisation being described as an International Non Governmental Organisation (INGO)? (In IR rather than popular discourse)
- It is an armed group
- It operates in one country only
- It has government’s represented in its organisational and/or decision-making structure
- it is a criminal group
b. It operates in one country only
c. It has government’s represented in its organisational and/or decision-making structure