Multiple Choice Quiz
1. What kind of mass killing is not covered by the term genocide?
- Extermination on the basis of ethnicity
- Extermination on the basis of political ideologies
- Extermination on the basis of religion.
- Extermination on the basis of nationality
b. Extermination on the basis of political ideologies
2. Which of these instances of mass human rights abuses did not provoke a humanitarian intervention?
- Rwandan genocide of 1994
- Kosovan massacre by Serbs in 1999
- Somalian Civil War 1992–3
- Libyan government massacres of rebels in 2011
a. Rwandan genocide of 1994
3. Why was the creation of the International Criminal Court so politically significant?
- It has universal jurisdiction
- It has supranational authority over ratifying states
- It covers areas previously not covered in international law
- It has replaced the International Court of Justice as the UN’s chief judicial body
b. It has supranational authority over ratifying states
4. Which of these categories of human rights abuse is not covered in a specific UN legal human rights instrument?
- Discrimination against the disabled