Multiple Choice Quiz
1. Which of these philosophers have been major influences on the subsequent emergence of Liberal IR thought?
- Jeremy Bentham
- Thomas Hobbes
- Immanuel Kant
- Karl Marx
a. Jeremy Bentham
c. Immanuel Kant
2. Which of these terms has been widely applied to Liberal IR thought in the 1920s and 1930s?
- Normative theory
3. Which term is used by Liberals to characterise international cooperation outside of government to government relations?
4. Which of these statements best epitomises the democratic peace theory?
- Democracies never start wars
- Democracies start more wars than non-democracies
- Democracies do not go to war with other democracies
- Democracy is irrelevant in understanding the cause of war
c. Democracies do not go to war with other democracies