Multiple choice quiz
Quizzes are available to test your understanding of the key concepts covered in each chapter. Click on the arrows next to each question to view the answer.
1. Irregular heartbeat of abnormal heart rhythm refers to?
- Atrial asynchrony
- Heart burn
2. What is the pathway of arterial blood moving through the body?
- Arteries > Capillaries > Arterioles > Endothelial cells
- Arterioles > Arteries > Endothelial cells > Capillaries
- Capillaries > Arteries > Arterioles > Endothelial cells
- Arteries > Arterioles > Capillaries > Endothelial cells
- Arteries > Arterioles > Endothelial cells > Capillaries
d. Arteries > Arterioles > Capillaries > Endothelial cells
3. The increased pressure exerted by the heart pumping blood is referred to as:
- Systolic pressure
- Diastolic pressure
- Arterial pressure
- Ventricular pressure
- Blood pressure
a. Systolic pressure
4. Which of these is a sleep problem that is not associated with hypertension?
- Early morning awakening
- Sleep walking
- Short sleep duration
d. Sleep walking
5. What is the name of the semi-hard substance composed of cholesterol, fat, calcium, and fibrin that contributes to atherosclerosis?
c. Sleep walking
6. Which of these is not a typical symptom of a heart attack?
- Breaking out in a hot sweat
- Heartburn and/or indigestion
- Arm pain
- Shortness of breath
- Pain, fullness, and/or squeezing sensation of the chest
a. Breaking out in a hot sweat
7. Which of these is a factor that promotes heart disease?
- Active lifestyle
- High levels of high-density lipoprotein
- Low levels of low-density lipoprotein
- Chronic low stress levels
- None of the above
e. None of the above
8. What is job strain?
- Stress on the job that causes CAD
- High work efforts from making decisions
- Muscle pain due to job demands
- High job demands with low decision authority
- Lack of justice at work
d. High job demands with low decision authority
9. Which of these does not characterize the link between depression and heart disease?
- The relationship between heart disease and depression is bidirectional
- Depression is associated with a doubling of the risk of heart disease
- Depression predicts an increase in probability of a future heart attack
- Depression is associated with a slower recovery from cardiac events
- Depression does not predict increased risk of heart disease among women
e. Depression does not predict increased risk of heart disease among women
10. Why might women in their 30s and 40s generally be less apt to develop heart disease than same-aged men?
- Women have less testosterone than men
- Women have greater levels of estrogen
- Pregnancy acts as a female protection against heart disease
- Women have two X chromosomes
- Women are menopausal around this age
b. Women have greater levels of estrogen