Welcome to the companion website for the Achieving QTS series. All the books in this series, along with the free online resources on this site, have been specifically designed to support you in your study as you progress through your initial teacher training.
You can find resources for the following texts:
What to look out for:
The resources for the Knowledge and Understanding books help you acquire and develop your subject knowledge, highlighting what you need to know for teaching. The resources for each of these books include:
- An interactive subject knowledge audit to test and grade your overall understanding
- Reflective self-assessment questions to monitor your learning progress
- Subject glossary for a handy reference and revision tool
The Teaching Theory and Practice resources help you understand how curriculum subjects are taught and provide practical support for your classroom practice. The resources for each of these books include:
- The complete Primary National Curriculum for England for each core subject, broken down by year group
- Practical lesson ideas for the classroom to support effective teaching and take into practice
- Top tips for planning
- Weblinks to helpful resources and sites for further information
This website may contain links to both internal and external websites. All links included were active at the time the website was launched. SAGE does not operate these external websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. SAGE cannot take responsibility for the changing content or nature of linked sites, as these sites are outside of our control and subject to change without our knowledge. If you do find an inactive link to an external website, please try to locate that website by using a search engine. SAGE will endeavour to update inactive or broken links when possible.