Multiple Choice Quizzes
Try these quizzes to test your understanding.
1. What is ‘Verstehen’ in relation to marketing research?
- any approach that focuses on qualitative issues like social meanings
- any orientation that favours quantitative practices
- neither of these
2. What are the key issues with ‘Big Data’ in relation to marketing research?
- easy to confuse with ‘Small Data’
- hard to capture, store, manage and analyse
- too broad and generic to be meaningful
3. Marketing research can be thought of as ‘user-inspired’; who would be responsible for such a view?
4. Complexity is ______.
- easy to understand
- hard to understand
- neither of these
5. Marketing research helps with ______.
- decision making
- being right
- complicating life
6. Market research focuses on ______.
- operational needs of marketing
- analysing markets
- providing inspiration
7. Marketing research is ______ process.
- logical, lengthy and linear
- fun, superficial and random
- systematic, critical and in-depth
8. Unstructured research can yield valid knowledge.
9. Sense making is dependent upon ______.
- social interactions
- personal interactions
- professional interactions
10. Pluralists views of marketing research are influenced by ______.
- both post-modernism and post-positivism
11. ______ is an example of ‘inward-looking’ orientation in marketing.
12. Contemporary marketing research tends to focus on value co-creation.
13. By and large, a marketing information system provides ______.
- both structure and flexibility
14. Online communities are providing no insight.
15. Marketing dashboards help with integrating ______.
- data, processes and viewpoints
- information, opinion and anecdotes
- knowledge, beliefs and attitudes
16. Collecting and processing information for specific purposes produces incremental advantages.
17. Marketing research should use ______ elements.
- both convoluted and creative