Delivering the News
To make your story accessible, understandable, and meaningful, you have to deliver it well, whether you're working on television, online, or in print. Being mindful of how the audience will receive your story will improve your delivery. As you complete these exercises and explore the module resources, you will learn to:
- Improve your narration. Your goal is to sound authoritative and conversational. To do that, you must learn how to breathe correctly and to take care of your voice. Knowing which words to emphasize in your script is also important.
- Plan stand-ups. This critical storytelling tool should be used to add information and move your narrative forward. It's essential to plan where your stand-up will fit into your story and to choreograph a visually compelling stand-up.
- Write better for print. Explore resources to improve your knowledge of print style.
- Exercise 1: Skill Building--Narration
- Exercise 2: Stand-up Planning
- Exercise 3: Solo Stand-up Challenges