Writing the Story
Writing is a process that demands preparation and discipline. And the keys to good writing are the same in every medium. As you complete these exercises and explore the module resources, you will learn to:
- Focus. Decide what a story is really about before you begin to write. Challenge yourself to state a story focus in six words or less.
- Compare story structures. There's nothing inherently better about one structure compared with another. The approach should depend on what you're trying to do and what you want the audience to get out of it.
- Be accurate. Make sure attribution is clear when it needs to be. Explore writing and math tools.
- Revise. Watch and read a story, then remove wasted words and jargon.
- Exercise 1: Skill Building--Finding a Focus
- Exercise 2: Rewriting
- Exercise 3: Discover Conversational Writing
- Exercise 4: Attribution