Multimedia reporting requires substantial planning and effort so you can collect the elements needed to tell a story on different platforms. Remember the concept of 3-D and look for data, documents, and diverse sources to round out your reporting. As you complete these exercises and explore the module resources, you will learn to:
- Analyze data. Use computer-assisted reporting skills to explore a data set and find story ideas.
- Plan coverage. Knowing what matters in a community can lead to better journalism.
- Dig deeper. Find tools of investigative reporting that can uncover patterns or systemic problems. Learn how to file Freedom of Information requests.
- Exercise 1: Discover Multimedia Reporting
- Exercise 2: Skill Building--Data Reporting
- Exercise 3: Discover Investigative Reporting