Guardian article on overtourism in Europe
This article reviews the backlash that was growing against tourism in several historic cities in Europe in early 2020.
- Princess Cruise Lines record fine for ocean pollution
- This press release discusses how Princess Cruises was forced to pay the largest-ever criminal penalty for its deliberate pollution of the ocean.
- Surfers Against Sewage
- This grassroots organisation is dedicated to the protection of oceans, waves, beaches and wildlife. The charity started as a response by the surfing community to the dreadful state of the beaches.
- Trash cleanup Mount Everest
- This BBC article discusses an initiative at Mount Everest that requires climbers to bring down some of the waste generated by tourism.
- ABTA animal welfare guidelines
- This ABTA guide introduces minimum requirements, good and best practice for the most popular types of tourist activities involving animals.
- Florida Climate Outlook study
- This report examines how Florida will be impacted by climate change by 2040. It reviews the near-term physical and economic impacts of climate change and climate policy in one of the USA's most popular tourism destinations.