Revived Originals – A proposal to deal with cultural overtourism
In this paper, the authors propose the concept of ‘Revived Originals’: identically reproductions of heavily visited historical sites in a suitable other location. This strategy would offer greater protection for vulnerable historic sites.
- We’re All in This Together: Understanding How Tourism Advocates Build Relationships across the Tourism Industry
- Tourism advocates seek political influence by creating a unified industry voice and setting a prioritized legislative agenda. This paper explores how tourism advocates develop as leaders and the behaviors they utilize to build relationships within the tourism sector.
- Airbnb and taxation: Developing a seasonal tax system
- This paper explores the development of a seasonal tax strategy as an alternative to a fixed tax rate for shared lodging platforms such as Airbnb, to increase hosts’ revenue and to address seasonality in tourism.
- Tourism–growth nexus under duress: Lebanon during the Syrian crisis
- This article investigates tourism growth and declines in Lebanon controlling for the instability caused by the Syrian crisis. The article concludes that the tourism sector in Lebanon is robust to the political instability engendered by the Syrian crisis.
- Does the belt and road initiative stimulate China’s inbound tourist market? An empirical study using the gravity model with a DID method
- This study examines the influence of the Belt and Road Initiative on China’s inbound tourist market. Panel data indicate that the Belt and Road Initiative has direct and significant positive effects on Chinese international tourist-generating markets, but that countries with low levels of trade openness with China and high levels of economic development benefit particularly.