Revived Originals – A proposal to deal with cultural overtourism
In this paper, the authors propose the concept of ‘Revived Originals’: identically reproductions of heavily visited historical sites in a suitable other location. This strategy would offer greater protection for vulnerable historic sites.
- Forecasting Daily Tourism Demand for Tourist Attractions with Big Data: An Ensemble Deep Learning Method
- "This article examines the potential of big data in forecasting demand for visitor attractions"
- "An Analysis of The Impact of Short-Term Vacation Rentals on the Hotel Industry"
- This article examines the impact of a number of short-term vacation rental platforms on the hotel industry "
- "Spatial spillover of transport improvement on tourism growth"
- "This article examines the impact of transport improvements on tourism demand in destinations"
- "‘Freedom Park, A Heritage Destination’: Tour-guiding and visitor experience at a post-apartheid heritage site"
- "This article explores how Heritage Park manages to create understanding of the new democratic values of South Africa amongst its visitors"