Guardian article on overtourism in Europe
This article reviews the backlash that was growing against tourism in several historic cities in Europe in early 2020.
- Afar magazine indigenous tourism guide with examples
- This article in travel magazine AFAR gives good practice examples of indigenous tourism across different countries (including Canada, Sweden, Ecuador and Israel).
- Oman dress code rules
- In 2020, the city of Muscat in Oman proposed stricter rules for dress codes in public spaces such as shopping malls. These rules would also apply to tourists in the country.
- No child's play – Respect for children’s rights at tourist destinations
- The report covers how children’s rights are affected by tourism. It addresses topics such as child labour, volunteering and sexual abuse and outlines how tour operators and travellers can take action.
- Balancing Mexico's pandemic response with tourism
- This CNN article reviews Mexico's response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Because the country is so dependent on tourism economically, financial interests are weighed against health concerns.
- G Adventures ripple score
- Sustainable Travel International discuss how they developed G Adventures Ripple Score methodology. The Ripple Score allows G Adventures to evaluate and boost their local impact.