Revived Originals – A proposal to deal with cultural overtourism
In this paper, the authors propose the concept of ‘Revived Originals’: identically reproductions of heavily visited historical sites in a suitable other location. This strategy would offer greater protection for vulnerable historic sites.
- Destination Events, Stability, and Turning Points of Development
- "This article examines the effects of tourism events and investments to improve destination development (dynamics) and stability (topology)"
- "Tourists’ Experiences with Smart Tourism Technology at Smart Destinations and Their Behavior Intentions"
- "This article investigates how tourists use smart tourism technologies at destinations and measures its effects on travel experience and future revisit intention"
- Detecting Early Signs of Overtourism: Bringing Together Indicators of Tourism Development With Data Fusion
- "This article develps a tool to detect early signs of overtourism in a destination"
- "Can a wildlife tourism company influence conservation and the development of tourism in a specific destination?"
- "This article examines the influence of the private sector on destination development. It researches a luxury safari lodge and its holding company within the Okavango Delta of Botswana. "