Video and Multimedia
Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
- This video presents a discussion of ethnocentrism and culture in relation to in-group and out-group relativism.
- This video discusses the ins and outs of monoculturalism.
- Collectivism & Individualism
- In this lecture we examine collectivism and individualism from the perspective of the 20th century economist and philosopher Ludwig von Mises
- 10 Ethical Principles
- This video discuss the application of ten ethical principles in our daily lives
- How African-Americans See Their Lives
- The well-being of the black family has been the subject of public debate. Ebony and the W.K. Kellogg Foundation are out with the Survey of African American Families. Tell Me More takes a look.
- Inside the Melting Pot of L.A. County
- Immigrant communities in Los Angeles and Southern California are arguably the most diverse places in the country. The different groups sometimes live in ethnic enclaves and don't mix. But Alex Cohen member station KQED visits a small sliver of L.A. County that can accurately be described as a melting pot, an ethnic stew like no other.
- Demographics of the United States in 2006
- Robert Siegel talks with William Frey, demographer and visiting fellow at the Brookings Institute. Frey talks about why the 300-millionth American is an important landmark in modern society.