- Burke, M. T., Chauvin, J. C., & Miranti, J. G. (2005). Religious and spiritual issues in counseling: Applications across diverse populations. New York, NY: Brunner-Routledge.
- Plante, T. G. (2009). Spiritual practices in psychotherapy: 13 tools for enhancing psychological health. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
- Post, B. C., & Wade, N. G. (2009). Religion and spirituality in psychotherapy: A practice-friendly review of research. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 65, 131–146. doi:10.1002/jclp.20563
- Richards, P. S., & Bergin, A. E. (2005). A spiritual strategy for counseling and psychotherapy (2nd ed.). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
- Lathan, S. (Director). (1984). Go tell it on the mountain [Made-for-television move]. United States: ABC. (An African American family saga based on the 1953 semi-autobiographical novel by James Baldwin.)
- McMinn, M. R. (2006). Christian counseling [Motion picture]. Available from American Psychological Association. 750 First Street, NE, Washington, DC 2002-4242.