- Black, L. L., & Stone, D. (2005). Expanding the definition of privilege: The concept of social privilege. Journal of Multicultural Counseling and Development, 33, 243–255.
- Fernandez, M. A., Butler, A. M., & Eyberg, S. M. (2011). Treatment outcome for low socioeconomic status African American families in parent-child interaction therapy: A pilot study. Child & Family Behavior Therapy, 33(1), 32–48.
- Grimes, M. E., & McElwain, A. D. (2008). Marriage and family therapy with low-income clients: Professional, ethical, and clinical issues. Contemporary Family Therapy, 30, 220–232.
- Johnson, L. (2012, February 21). Eating near the poverty line [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/blog/whole-story/eating-near-poverty-line
- Kim, S., & Cardemil, E. (2012). Effective psychotherapy with low-income clients: The importance of attending to social class. Journal of Contemporary Psychotherapy, 42(1), 27–35. doi:10.1007/s10879-011-9194-0
- Sachs, J. D. (2005). The end of poverty: How we can make it happen in our lifetime. New York, NY: Penguin Press.
Media and Websites
- Gantz, J., & Gantz, H. (Producers), & Gantz, J. (Director). (2013). American Winter [Documentary]. United States: HBO.
- APA website
- Class action
- American Fact Finder