The following two books address treatment for PWDs and were written for mental health professionals who have not received training in that dimension of diversity:
- Mackelprang, R., & Salsgiver, R. (1999). Disability: A diversity model approach in human service practice. Belmont, CA: Brooks/Cole.
- Olkin, R. (1999). What psychotherapists should know about disability. New York, NY: Guilford Press.
Media and Websites
- Olkin, R. (2005). Disability-affirmative therapy: A beginner’s guide [Video 460]. United States: Microtraining and Multicultural Development.
- Neudel, E. (2011). Lives worth living: The fight for disability rights [Documentary]. United States: PBS.
- Professional organization for individuals involved in policy development and the provision of quality services for PWDs—Association on Higher Education and Disability
- People With Disabilities Foundation (PWDF)
- Disability Information for Students and Professionals (DISP)
- National Center for the Dissemination of Disability Research (NCDDR)