Video and Multimedia
Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
- This video discusses the meaning of ableism and the impact it has on people with disabilities.
- The Power of Person First Language
- This video discusses the appropriate use of person first language.
- Social vs Medical Model of Disability
- The medical and social models of disability are fairly well-known and well-discussed; here in episode 24, we want to relate the models to dyspraxia in particular.
- Disability Culture Rap Part 1
- This video talks about disability culture from the view points of people with disabilities.
- Disability Culture Rap Part 2
- sThis video talks about disability culture from the view points of people with disabilities.
- Army Doctor: Denial a 'Misunderstanding'
- The Army Surgeon General says he was mistaken when he denied that the Army had told the Veterans Affairs Department not to help injured soldiers at Fort Drum to challenge their disability ratings. Eric Schoomaker says the whole thing was a misunderstanding and it is fine for the VA to help the soldiers.
- People With Disabilities, On Screen And Sans Clichés
- This video discusses the impact and acceptance of people with disabilities in the media portrayals.
- Report: Inmates With Mental Disabilities Often Subjected To Excessive Force
- A Human Rights Watch report says more should be done to divert nonviolent inmates out of the corrections system, and to train officers about how to de-escalate tense situations.