Video and Multimedia
Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
- This video provides a crash course in American history specific to colonization.
- Civil Rights
- This video provides a crash course in American history specific to the civil rights movement.
- Women of the 19th Centory
- This video provides a crash course in American history specific to the women’s movement.
- The Gay Rights Movement
- This video provides a discussion on the gay rights movement.
- African-Americans Question Comparing Gay Rights Movement To Civil Rights
- LGBT rights have been inspired by the earlier civil rights movement. Some LGBT advocates say gay rights are the new civil rights, offending some African-Americans.
- 'Undocumented' Stigma A Barrier In Asian-American Communities
- In Monterrey Park, Calif. — home to the fastest growing population of Chinese immigrants in the U.S. — community leaders are trying to get the word out about "deferred action" eligibility.
- American Exceptionalism
- Host Bob Edwards and writer John Parker discuss the reasons why U.S. foreign policy takes a different form from European diplomacy. Parker says America's traditional emphasis on patriotism, religion and individualism lead it to impose itself as democratic model on the rest of the world. Parker authored a series of articles on the subject in the latest issue of The Economist magazine.