Video and Multimedia
Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
- Counseling and Religion
- Dr. Harold G. Koenig discusses religion and counseling. Dr. Koenig is Professor of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences,
- How Therapy and Spirituality Meet
- This video discusses psychology and how it offers great benefit in supporting people to look at what's really going on in their inner world, spirituality offers a look at essential values like compassion and peace. The combination is the golden center of life. Inquiry: Will you support the transformative meeting point by asking,
- Spirituality and Group Therapy
- There are so many ways to introduce spirituality in group therapy. Research is showing spirituality to be an effective addition to group therapy in populations such as refugees, mental health patients, and in combination with models such as CBT, in addition to the more well known populations where spiritual group therapy has been practiced.
- Religious Denial
- Counselor Patrick Doyle of Veritas Counseling talks about religious denial and discusses ways to recognize and confront it.
- Pope Francis Uses Encyclical To Deliver Moral Message On Climate Change
- NPR's Melissa Block speaks to John Carr of Georgetown University's Initiative on Catholic Thought and Public Life about Pope Francis' call to moral action on climate change.
- Muslims Will Outnumber Christians This Century, Pew Says
- A Pew study released this week says that by the middle of the century there will be about 2.8 billion Muslims worldwide. Within that period, Muslims will outnumber Jews in the United States.
- What It's Like To Be Young And Muslim In Europe
- Members of the Muslim minority communities In Britain, France and Germany discuss their feelings about how they fit into the culture of the countries in which they reside.