- Chung, R. C.-Y., Bemak, F., Ortiz, D. P., & Sandoval-Perez, P. A. (2008). Promoting the mental health of immigrants:A multicultural/social justice perspective. Journal of Counseling and Development, 86, 310–317.
- Ferris State University. (n.d.). Using objects of intolerance to teach tolerance and promote social justice. JimCrow Museum of Racist Memorabilia at Ferris State University.
- Ford, Z. (2012, July 12). Study: Forty percent of homeless youth are LGBT, family rejection is leading cause.
- Hoffman, R. M. (2004). Conceptualizing heterosexual identity development: Issues and challenges. Journal of Counseling and Development, 82, 375–380.
- Leigh, Debra. (n.d.). Twenty-eight common racist attitudes and behaviors. St. Cloud State University Community Anti-Racism Education Initiative.
- Letourneau, N. L., Duffett-Leger, L., Levac, L., Watson, B., & Young-Morris, C. (2011). Socioeconomic status and child development: A meta-analysis. Journal of Emotional and Behavioral Disorders, 21(3), 211–224.
- McNamee, S. J., & Miller, R. K., Jr. (2004). The meritocracy myth. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield.
- Menning, C. (2013, February 21). Black history month for white people [Blog post].
- Smith, L., Foley, P. F., Chaney, M. P. (2008). Addressing classism, ableism, and heterosexism in counselor education. Journal of Counseling & Development, 86, 303–309.