- Abu-Bader, S. H., Tirmazi, T. M., & Ross-Sheriff, F. (2011). The impact of acculturation on depression among older Muslim immigrants in the United States. Journal of Gerontological Social Work, 54, 425–448.
- Bausum, A. (2009). Denied, detained, deported: Stories from the dark side of American immigration. Washington, DC: National Geographic Society.
- McNamee, S. J., & Miller, R. K., Jr. (2004). The meritocracy myth. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield.
- Miles, J. R., & Fassinger, R. E. (2014). Sexual identity issues in education and training of professional psychologists. In W. B. Johnson & N. Kaslow (Eds.), The Oxford handbook of education and training in professional psychology (pp. 452–471). New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
- Sue, D. W. (2003). Overcoming our racism: The journey to liberation. New York, NY.: Wiley.
Media and Websites
- Abani, C. (2007, August). Telling stories from Africa. (TED Talk).
- Adelman, L. (2003). Race: The power of an illusion.
- American Psychological Association. Answers to your questions about people with intersex conditions.
- American Psychological Association. Answers to your questions for a better understanding of sexual orientation and homosexuality.
- Levy, E. (Writer), & Glatter, L. L. (Director). (2010). The Chrysanthemum and the Sword [Television series episode]. In M. Weiner (Executive Producer), Mad Men. Los Angeles, CA: AMC Studios.