Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not thought to be a possible explanation for health differences between people of different races who live in the same country?
2. According to the United Nations, it is expected that the world poverty rate of 28% as it was in 1990 would have been reduced by ______ by 2015.
3. China’s total fertility rate currently (2014 figures) is running at around ______, with women giving birth to an average of ______ offspring:
4. In 2010 in England a working man could expect, on average, about 10 years of pensioned retirement while a working woman could anticipate around ______ years.
5. An LSE report in 2009 found that economic analyses suggest that ______ control is cheaper than other methods of reducing carbon emissions.
6. In ______, China adopted a one-child policy aimed towards keeping the population at around 1.2 billion in 2000.
7. On current projections (2014) it is expected that India’s population will surpass China’s in the next few decades, with around ______ by 2040.
- 1.3 billion
- 1.4 billion
- 1.5 billion
- 1.6 billion
8. Unhealthy ______ industries should have no role in the formation of national or international policy for non-communicable disease policy.
9. ______ are the major drivers of non-communicable diseases.
- Transnational corporations
10. Which of the following is a communicable disease?
- cardiovascular diseases
- chronic respiratory diseases