Multiple Choice Quiz
Take the quiz to test your understanding of the key concepts covered in the chapter. Try testing yourself before you read the chapter to see where your strengths and weaknesses are, then test yourself again once you’ve read the chapter to see how well you’ve understood.
1. Which of these is not an aim of the National Ugly Mugs scheme?
- To encourage the reporting of violent incidents
- To provide advice about sexual health
- To improve personal safety of sex workers by providing information about alleged dangerous individuals
- To bring offenders to justice by working with the police
b. To provide advice about sexual health
2. Which Act gave legal responsibility for crime prevention and community safety to local authorities working through Crime and Disorder Reduction Partnerships?
- 2002 Police Reform Act
- 1998 Crime and Disorder Act
- 2003 Criminal Justice Act
- 1997 Partnership Act
b. 1998 Crime and Disorder Act
3. What does MAPPA stand for?
- Multi-Agency Police Protection Arrangements
- Multi-Agency Public Protection and Accountability
- Multi-Agency Public Protection Arrangements
- Multiple Agency Police and Partnership Arrangements
c. Multi-Agency Public Protection Arrangements
4. Which organisations are involved in multi-agency policing?
- Private companies
- All of the above
d. All of the above
5. What type of organisation is the League Against Cruel Sports?
- A pressure group
- A minor political party
- A not for profit enterprise
- A charity
d. A charity