Prepare for exams and future essays with the questions below that align with key concepts discussed in the chapter. Try timing yourself as you write to practise in a mock exam environment. Create mindmaps of key themes, quotes and arguments you could include in an answer to use as a revision tool.
- What ethical considerations might apply to practices of criminal justice?
- Critically assess whether criminal justice can develop a crime-free society
- Which factors can prevent criminal justice processes having a strong impact on the nature or extent of crime?
- Which measures show most clearly whether criminal justice processes are effective? Why are these measures particularly important?
- Can the effectiveness of criminal justice be measured now that such a diverse range of agencies are involved in it?