Multiple Choice Quiz
Take the quiz to test your understanding of the key concepts covered in the chapter. Try testing yourself before you read the chapter to see where your strengths and weaknesses are, then test yourself again once you’ve read the chapter to see how well you’ve understood.
1. How many cases were ‘received’ in the first quarter of 2015 by the 240 Magistrates’ courts in England and Wales?
2. What was published by John Major’s government in the early 1990s?
- Victims’ Charter
- Prosecutors’ Charter
- Judges’ Charter
- Witnesses’ Charter
a. Victims’ Charter
3. How many vehicle crimes were recorded per 1,000 of the population in 2014?
4. A study found the incidence of self-harm among female prisoners in 2011 to be what?
- 29.4 per cent
- 39.4 per cent
- 49.4 per cent
- 59.4 per cent
a. 29.4 per cent
5. What name is given to the new agencies delivering offender management services under the Transforming Rehabilitation policy developed in recent years in England and Wales?
- Offender Management Companies
- Crime Reduction Companies
- Community Rehabilitation Companies
- Offender Supervision Companies
c. Community Rehabilitation Companies