Multiple Choice Quiz
Take the quiz to test your understanding of the key concepts covered in the chapter. Try testing yourself before you read the chapter to see where your strengths and weaknesses are, then test yourself again once you’ve read the chapter to see how well you’ve understood.
1. Which criminal court has the highest sentencing powers in England and Wales?
- Court of Appeal
- High Court of Justice
- Crown Court
- Supreme Court
c. Crown Court
2. Lay magistrates are also known as what?
- Justices of conflict resolution
- Justices of the Peace
- Justices of oaths
- Justices of the court
b. Justices of the Peace
3. The Supreme Court was established in which year?
4. How is a dangerous offender defined?
- A serial killer or a terrorist
- Someone who has committed one of the serious crimes listed in schedule 15 of the Criminal Justice Act, 2003
- Someone who has committed a crime against society
- Someone who has committed a serious crime and is likely to do so again
d. Someone who has committed a serious crime and is likely to do so again
5. What is the full meaning of SDVC?
- Specialist domestic victims court
- Specialist domestic violence courts
- Specialist division for victims courts
- Specialist drugs and violence courts
b. Specialist domestic violence courts