Prepare for exams and future essays with the questions below that align with key concepts discussed in the chapter. Try timing yourself as you write to practise in a mock exam environment. Create mindmaps of key themes, quotes and arguments you could include in an answer to use as a revision tool.
- Critically assess the evidence for increasing punitiveness since 1993
- Were the 1960s good or bad for criminal justice?
- What were the key factors that led to the abolition of the death penalty?
- Discuss the significance of austerity for criminal justice since 2008.
- How similar were the Conservative administrations of 1979–1997 and the Labour administrations of 1997–2010 in their approach to criminal justice?