Prepare for exams and future essays with the questions below that align with key concepts discussed in the chapter. Try timing yourself as you write to practise in a mock exam environment. Create mindmaps of key themes, quotes and arguments you could include in an answer to use as a revision tool.
- Explain the current system for determining when a prisoner should be released.
- What recent changes have there been to the system of release of prisoners?
- How does the Parole Board decide when a prisoner should be released? Are there any problems with its decision-making?
- What is resettlement? What are the current challenges in this field?|
- What are the main differences that the ‘Transforming Rehabilitation’ changes made to the resettlement of prisoners?