Prepare for exams and future essays with the questions below that align with key concepts discussed in the chapter. Try timing yourself as you write to practise in a mock exam environment. Create mindmaps of key themes, quotes and arguments you could include in an answer to use as a revision tool.
- Is the concept of globalisation truly useful in taking forward our understanding of crime and criminal justice at the national and international level, or is it a hopelessly wide ‘catch-all’ that does little to promote deeper understanding of the relevant issues?
- To what extent are we witnessing the further spread of a ‘culture of control’ internationally in the 21st century?
- To what extent have criminal justice systems around the world been impacted by the globalisation of ‘human rights’ discourse?
- In terms of crime and criminal justice, who are the ‘winners’ and who are the ‘losers’ of globalisation?
- Critically discuss the international response to terrorism as a product of globalisation