Prepare for exams and future essays with the questions below that align with key concepts discussed in the chapter. Try timing yourself as you write to practise in a mock exam environment. Create mindmaps of key themes, quotes and arguments you could include in an answer to use as a revision tool.
- People from BME (Black and Minority Ethnic) backgrounds continue to be disproportionately over-represented in the Criminal Justice System in the UK. Discuss
- The vast majority of offenders internationally are men. What do we know about female offenders?
- Institutional racism persists in the UK. Discuss
- Examine the links between class, poverty and crime. Is class, or poverty, a predictor of offending?
- Research consistently reveals high levels of mental health problems among offending populations. With that in mind, do most offenders need treatment rather than punishment?