Prepare for exams and future essays with the questions below that align with key concepts discussed in the chapter. Try timing yourself as you write to practise in a mock exam environment. Create mindmaps of key themes, quotes and arguments you could include in an answer to use as a revision tool.
- Compare and contrast the due process and crime control models of criminal justice as they operate within the justice system of England and Wales
- The sole purpose of the Criminal Justice System in England and Wales is to reduce crime. Discuss
- Critically analyse the sentencing models of utilitarianism and retributivism. Which model does the Criminal Justice System of England and Wales operate within?
- The Criminal Justice System of England and Wales is not fit for purpose. Discuss
- Punishment of offenders is the most important part of the Criminal Justice System in England and Wales, as without it, the aims of the system cannot be achieved. Discuss