Multiple Choice Quiz
Take the quiz to test your understanding of the key concepts covered in the chapter. Try testing yourself before you read the chapter to see where your strengths and weaknesses are, then test yourself again once you’ve read the chapter to see how well you’ve understood.
1. When were the ‘new police’ created in London?
2. When was the Ministry of Justice created?
3. What was the Act of Parliament that created Community Safety Partnerships?
- Community Safety Act 1996
- Crime and Disorder Act 1996
- Community Safety Act 1998
- Crime and Disorder Act 1998
d. Crime and Disorder Act 1998
4. What is the name of the organisation with overall responsibility for the prison and probation services?
- National Prison and Probation Service
- National Correctional Management Service
- National Offender Management Service
- National Offender Correction Service
c. National Offender Management Service
5. What is the name of the body that oversees investigations into police complaints?
- Independent Police Complaints Authority
- Independent Police Complaints Commission
- Police Complaints Authority
- Independent Complaints Board
b. Independent Police Complaints Commission