Multiple Choice Quiz
Take the quiz to test your understanding of the key concepts covered in the chapter. Try testing yourself before you read the chapter to see where your strengths and weaknesses are, then test yourself again once you’ve read the chapter to see how well you’ve understood.
1. If a prisoner spent 3 months in custody, what would the arrangements be after his or her release?
- 3 months’ licence and 9 months’ post-sentence supervision. Total 12 months
- No licence or supervision period
- 3 months’ licence and 3 months’ post-sentence supervision. Total 6 months
- 3 months’ post-sentence supervision. Total 3 months
a. 3 months’ licence and 9 months’ post-sentence supervision. Total 12 months
2. The Parole Board has the status of
- An executive non-departmental public body sponsored by the Ministry of Justice
- An executive non-departmental public body sponsored by the Home Office
- A department of the Ministry of Justice
- A tribunal and part of the Tribunals Service
a. An executive non-departmental public body sponsored by the Ministry of Justice
3. Which of the following is a measure introduced by the Transforming Rehabilitation programme?
- Setting up 21 privatised Community Rehabilitation Companies to work with low- and medium-risk offenders with an element of payment-by-results (PbR) to the companies’ contracts
- Establishing a new National Probation Service (NPS) to take responsibility for assessing the risks offenders pose, producing pre-sentence reports and managing high-risk offenders
- Providing rehabilitative support to prisoners on sentences of less than 12 months
- Removing all ‘through-the-gate’ resettlement support
d. Removing all ‘through-the-gate’ resettlement support
4. The name of the file of documents put together by the prison for the parole board is known as the
- Prison file
- Parole file
5. What does CRC stand for?
- Community Rehabilitation Company
- Corrective Rehabilitation Company
- Crime and Restoration Company
- Community Restoration Company
a. Community Rehabilitation Company