Prepare for exams and future essays with the questions below that align with key concepts discussed in the chapter. Try timing yourself as you write to practise in a mock exam environment. Create mindmaps of key themes, quotes and arguments you could include in an answer to use as a revision tool.
- What is the best way for us to define ‘crime’?
- Why are some actions deemed illegal and others not?
- How accurate are our understandings of crime rates and trends?
- In what ways do victim surveys and police-recorded crime differ?
- How do our definitions of crime influence crime trends?