Prepare for exams and future essays with the questions below that align with key concepts discussed in the chapter. Try timing yourself as you write to practise in a mock exam environment. Create mindmaps of key themes, quotes and arguments you could include in an answer to use as a revision tool.
- Critically explore the needs of victims of crime and the services currently provided for them in England and Wales
- Review the extent to which witnesses have been overlooked as key players in the Criminal Justice System
- What were the key demands of the victim movement in terms of meeting the needs of victims of crime? How successful has this movement been in provoking changes to improve the position of the victim in matters of criminal justice?
- Explore the limitations of how the Criminal Justice System responds to victims of crime
- Are the key entitlements for victims as outlined in the Victims’ Code 2015 adequate, and how effective are the special measures designed to help vulnerable victims?